Monday, January 19, 2015

So This Is A Blog

What better time to start a blog than fresh off a runners high post injury? 2015 started w/ a calf strain on my first Saturday long run of the year. I honestly thought it might be a tear with the level of discomfort and how it didn't just feel better after a few days. I went in to instant freak out mode with races fastly approaching on my 2015 calendar and my first "A" race a little over 2 months away. To try and compensate for not running I hit the weights hard, really fucking hard. It was almost like I was punishing myself for being injured. It was actually pretty awesome. I always lift weights in my training plans but the last 2 weeks were strength training on crack. And you know what, I'll bet it will be beneficial in the long run. Being a bigger guy I would not be the runner I am without weights.

Even though I was off from running a lot of cool running stuff happened over the last week. I submitted an application to be an ambassador for Tailwind Nutrition (http://www.tailwindnutrition.com/). I've always had mixed feelings about being an ambassador because 1st: I won't promote something I don't like just to get free shit and 2nd: I have people that I follow on my different social media accounts that drive me nuts with over promoting their companies. Tailwind was a no-brainer since it's the only hydration product I use besides good old fashioned water. Plus, the last question on the application rocked- "If you could be a zoo animal what would you be and why"? I said a monkey because who wouldn't want to be a monkey? My answer was short and probably not what they were looking for but seriously, being a monkey is the only answer in my mind. I also found out that I'm on the Singletrack Running (http://singletrackrunning.com/) racing team. Although the race director is a good friend of mine and I run the Twitter acount (https://twitter.com/singletrackrun), it is a fast team and I wasn't sure I would be invited to represent them or not.

So there it is, my first blog. In the future I'll add pictures of weekend adventures and probably talk about beer because, well, I really like beer. Cheers!

1 comment: